Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hope is a funny thing...

Just after Holly's endoscope Tuesday, I was out with the other children. We stopped to fill the new prescription and my oldest asked if I "really had any hope that this medicine would be better."

I answered, "a little." And added that I had to have some hope, because no hope is called despair. Despair is a sin. And of all the sins I am dragging around, despair is easy enough to avoid. It only takes a little bit of hope to side swipe despair.

For those days when your heart may feel hope-less, cling to the facts. The fact is this:

Romans Ch 5:5 Hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.

Bottom line is this: Even when nothing works out the way it should, I choose every day to cling to Hope. You can make the choice with your head and not your heart, if you have to, if your heart isn't there. Hold on the fact, "Hope does not disappoint" until your heart catches on.

No comments: